Sunday, August 22, 2004

there's a concert in the music hall, and i'm on it!!

Maybe this can definitely be a surreal experience. Lemme just say it. Today, my group of orchestra (it's a traditional orchestra, anyway) had a performance in the music hall. It was so very flattering and definitely a helluva experience..

However, the surreality faded out when things went wrong. Well, I think it was not wrong, but just not goin' to my direction. Hmm.. I was in the first group that went to the hall, and found myself doin' nothin.. I couldn't change, then I just helped people to unload some stuff.. It was tiring, but I got used to it. Seriously.

But after that the nightmare sorta came. We would play on sort of 8 pm, but then when I waited for the other group, they never came. We just stunned there and waiting while the hours kept on going. So, many things were happened in this waiting event.

I found myself sorta admiring the cute usher.. Dressed in black, and having a graceful movement, it was so cute. However, still don't have the courage to make a move. Damn me! Anyway, had a bit of chit chat with Daniel the dancer and Trio the.. new guy maybe. Turned out that it was a small world because we knew each other's background more or less.. I also learned that tonight STOMP was playing, and had their performance in the big hall!! That scared the bejeezuz out of me.. I was like, damn! it's STOMP, dude.. Too bad we couldn't share the same dressing room or something. Tee hee hee..

When the second group came, it was like a total relieve for me, and of course a degrading insight of how this people work. I really can't believe it. Maybe it was how they did their work under normal occasion. I almost died of not believing. Hmm.. however, it was such a detrimenting circumstances for me. However, I kept it cool, calm, and collected.

But things were just getting worse..

The event planner was not fully prepared. She was freaking out. We did not know who performed after whom, what to be performed first, and so on, and so on.. As I was left in the dark, the groups was not fully enlighten as well.. Sigh, no doubt about it, cloud of bad moods took over me instantly. But I had to keep on performing.

First performance was amazing. The dancer really danced his heart out. Phew.. He was amazing, and I really congratulated him for that. Not only because he danced in a such mood, but also for only practicing in a very short period of time. But the music. Boo! Mistakes after mistakes were found, no structure, and it was definitely frustrating. I still couldn't believe how people might not realize that mistakes were being made and performances were degrading.

Second performance. Another musical blunder. So far as I thought, I knew that I was right. Or I thought that I was right and on beat. However, I didn't play in accordance with the other line. Dang! And worst of all, the beat marker lost her way as well.. Sigh.. It was like the longest one minute of my life when I didn't know what to do, but miraculously we managed to get back on track.

Third performance, much better than the first two. No musical blunders, dancers were good, and I was finally having a little bit fun. Good, then..

Fourth performance. Was one of my best. Tee hee hee.. No kidding, but I know that I finally am able to memorize most of the numbers and it made me very proud of myself. Hrrr..

All and all, it was a totally good night, though were having this and that, but I know that performing in the same building as STOMP may only happen in this time of life. I thank everyone for making it possible. Now give me my money. Hehehe..

No comments: