Saturday, July 08, 2006

i'd like to have a hair in my conversation, please

Current books read: High Fidelity by Nick Hornby. Gosh! It's amazing.. - expected TV program: Wimbledon Gentlemen's final

I have a feeling that people were born along with the hair that their hate. Hair is like your older sister, I think. You were born with it. You can change it if you don't like it. You like it shortly after you change it, but it won't stay long, and you know that you stuck with it for the rest of your life.

Last night on the ride, I caught a reflection of myself in Jürgen's car. And I blurbed out "Ich will Welle auf mein Haar..". Translations: I want curls on my hair. And he was like, "Then you can have mine, and I'll take yours." And I was like, "Seriously?!" Because I kinda like his hair. "Yeah! Because I really wanna have a straight black hair like yours. My hair is so shitty." And so on.

Mind you, this is the second time that I exchanged conversation like this with a friend. Some 6 or 7 or so years ago, I had a secret admiration to my housemate's hair. But I never tell. And then he once went to a barbershop and had a cut similar to mine. And I told myself, "See, that's the hair I'd like to have. Not this ugly one."

We were having dinner and the conversation went more or less like this.

Me: Hey, great new hair.
Not me: Yeah. Cut it this afternoon. Not quite the model I wanted though.
Me: Who're you kidding? It's great, regardless.
Not me: I don't like it. I actually trying to cut it like yours though. But I think our hair type is different, and I so want to have a hair like you.
Me: *speechless*

It's the way it is.

On that note, I won't miss this for the world. Let me repeat. FOR THE WORLD.

Have a nice sluggish weekend.

No comments: