Wednesday, March 15, 2006

American Idol 5 Contestant of the last Week

Current music in ear: Dreamgirls in Concert - expected TV program: every Das Perfekte Dinner episode, especially this Friday when Ruben cooks!

Sorry for my tardiness.

You may not hear about her here first. You may have read in this entry in Reality TV Magazine that our American Idol 5 contestant of last week is a serious threat to the other contestants. By serious, I mean serious.

Paris Bennett, 17 years old, from Fayetteville, Georgia, did really have an awesome audition in Greensboro. She had put a really high standard if her performances on TV would be as good as they were in the auditions.

It turns out, it doesn't work that way.

Paris had a really shaky Hollywood week. Note that her performances were all shown. Day 1, group day, and day 4 were all shown. What a privilege! From this three, I only like his Day 1 performance.

Week 1 semi finals, it was pointed out widely that she mistakenly interpreted 'Midnight Train to Georgia' by making it sound like a bouncy-sung-by-Monica-Geller-Bing 'I'm So Excited'. I still loved it, though. And I owe it to Sandra Bernhardt, Debra Messing and Eric McCormack. If you know what I mean.

Week 2 and week 3, for me, Paris' performances are so-so. In other words, hype schmype. Where were the Paris in her colorful dress singing 'Take Five' so beautifully so that I agreed that she was a definite early favorite? And even I stated that she was better than Lisa Tucker. Now I like Lisa much more.

One thing. Paris has two distinct voices. Her lower and higher range. For me, her higher range sounds a LOT better than the fragile lower range. I hope that she stayed singing in her high range, with a bit of a lower range touch.

No comments: