Monday, June 27, 2005

design surgery

Another post today.. So I guess it is revenge then.

Hello.. let me tell you something. I really like design. Graphic design, interior design, fashion design, product design, and the most is packaging design. I am not a designer, nor going to be one. I want to be one, though.. But, nah.. not quite got the talent. So, more or less like part-hobby designer, if there is such a word.

Because of my fondness, I subscribe to Denis's weblog of logo design, most of the times just to make myself amazed and admire the talent of those people who can come up with the idea behind logos. Check out the flawless FedEx. Or maybe the simple and smart Quintet.

However.. Because of this, I think that up to some level, you don't need to be an awesome illustrator though. Let me say once again that I used the word up to some level. For me, of course if you are a crafty illustrator, you can produce clever logos much easier than I. However, font manipulation may be one of the foremost tool of logo design that can be used in this time.



IL' Elefante is a choir that .. oops sorry that I can't write their profile longer than those words. But most important is that lots of my friends are in the choir, and if I'm not mistaken, they will hold a concert in Gedung (Building) Kesenian (Art) Jakarta sometime this year. They are founded by some alumni of ITB student's choir, a sixty-something (is it sixty?) choir.

They have a logo. For me, personally, the logo looks great. It is applicable in many medias, the rudimentary elephant seems to represent the members of the choir that are considered being 'young' alumni of another 'big' student choir, and it looks cute. But I have another perception on the whole design. Here goes..



Waiting for your comments on this one.. Because the first tester to whom I exposed this design, revealed the (or my) secret after some 15 minutes never-ending hints coming his way. And yes, I'm talking about you, NDC. Harharhar..

It's still missing the chorale words though, but at least, my perception of the logo should me more or less like this.

Have a nice rest of the week. Now you know what I'm doing the whole day. Hahaha..

3 comments:

Mike said...

It's great. I think that's so clever to create a elephant silouhete in the f and a letters.

Charlie Hendrawan said...

Eh bagus juga logonya tuh ya... btw yg dibawah itu kok nampak agak2 familiar ya2... hmmm....

Bie said...

Charli.. familiar sama apa nih? [maklum, jam terbang gue masih belom terbang sama sekali] hehehe..

Ngomong2 yang bagus itu yang before atau after?