Wednesday, January 23, 2008

news from the down under

Let's start this with a more neutral news; I really like it how everything turned out in Australia Open. For the female part, that is. Reigning champion Serena Williams is ousted, world's number 1 Justine Henin is also ousted. Second seeded Svetlana Kuznetsova is already ousted. It's gonna be an interesting semi-final.

In the men's part, however, why is God so nice to Nadal in this opening of the year? Lucky bastard.

In a more devastating news, actor famous for his portrayal of closeted gay cowboy in "Brokeback Mountain", Heath Ledger, is found dead in his apartment yesterday (that's this morning to us all in Indonesia) at approximately 15:30 PM EST. He will be terribly missed. I like his work since I watched that Shakespearean "10 Things I Hate About You" (and yes, I even reviewed the movie and sent it to my classmates who thought I was a freak, of course) and was thrilled that he was cast as Joker before he was Jack Nicholson-y. No guy can fit to that role more perfect than he can.

May he rest in peace.

No comments: