Saturday, November 06, 2010

[spoiler alert] on Pushing Daisies and happiness

I rarely quote a line from a movie, a book, a song, a musical, or anything, unless it is really remarkably worthy. That being said, here's a line from the finale of Pushing Daisies.

BTW, I LOVE Ned. And all his insecurities. And all his castmates. I just need to learn how to speak the way they do.

And by the way #2, the finale of Pushing Daisies is one of the most astonishingly beautiful televised episodes of a series ever. EVER. EV-VER!

So here's the line. Hope I didn't spoil anyone. If so, stop reading and move on with your lives.

NED: Chuck, I try very hard to be a good boyfriend. I believe that, every day, even in the smallest ways, I try to put your happiness before my own.

CHUCK: Yeah, I agree with that whole-heartedly.

NED: I've been lying to you. Not that it's any kind of excuse, but I think it's because I've been lying to myself, too. If Lily and Vivian knew you were alive, the only person in danger would be me. And the danger itself is a lie: It's irrational fear in danger's clothing, and it's whispering in my ear, saying, "Chuck loves her mother and aunt so much there's no way she would want to spend her life with you if could still be with them." And so, I put my happiness first and told everyone that no one could know you were alive again. Especially Lily and Vivian Charles.

CHUCK: You didn't know what you were doing.

NED: I do now. I'm finally putting your happiness before my own.

Have a nice weekend. I need to bawl out my happiness first.

No comments: